Car talks

Do you like to play basketball or very fast cars? Talk about your hobbies in this section.

Moderator: Server Administrators

Forum rules
Click here to view the forum rules and formats.
Arion
Donator
Donator

Car talks

Post by Arion » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Hey everyone, Rio (Arion) is back here (to the forums, not on IG). Some may have recognized me with my previous post of having a heart surgery. I will update my status of my planned-by-doctor surgery (if anything comes up) on another section.

Anyway, just going to post this here, haven't seen any of these posted here (if it has, do merge this to the respective one so I know where to go), so, I decided to create one and, you know, ask or talk about cars or motorcycles (anything that applies to the 'automotive' category).

P/S: Just going to distract myself to this...who knows if this can overcome my worried-ness and fear on my surgery, right? :)

So, for the first post, I would like to know...what car do you guys drive (and/or own) right now? Is your car stock or modified? Do tell anything about it.

For mine, I have a first generation (1995-2008) Proton Saga, which is basically a re-badged Mitsubishi Lancer Fiore - which my dad recently bought for me (second-hand, of course). The car is (still) stock overall; possessing the old version of Mitsubishi Orion 4G13 engine, coupled with manual gear trans, but it will get modifications soon.

I also have another car(s) that I drive (which is automatic trans, and it's owned by my parents), and that is a Perodua Alza (a re-badged Daihatsu Boon Luminas/Toyota Passo Sette) and the first-gen Toyota Harrier/Lexus RX300. I'm using both of it often (since July 2015) as they don't have a manual car in possession that time (since my parents retired to use manuals as for their personal reasons), till my dad decided to buy me one for my own usage last July (this year/2016).

Apparently, my Saga is now in the workshop for an overhaul procedure. The first day my dad told me to pick that car up, I've noticed a lot of white smokes came out from the car's exhaust (while cruising around 80km/h), and I was wondering that time, "what the heck...is this car haven't had its overhauls for a very long time?"
(You can tell from that quote that I was really irritated by the previous owner (technically) for not taking care of that car, but, meh...it's an old (but gold) car, and going to be a project anyway.)
Rio Noel [Rionoeru]
Ordinary guy, musician, producer, entertainer, photographer | Computer, video games (console/PC), technology, anime, cosplay, various music genres Otaku (geek) and enthusiast | Gamer | Japanese Culture Lover |
____
Long Time SA-MP In-game/Gaming AFK - Reason(s)
Main: Main computer broken (UPDATE: Under Construction - no coming back ETA yet)
Others: Doctor-planned heart surgery (date unannounced)
___

Anti-tankSpy
Donator
Donator

Re: Car talks

Post by Anti-tankSpy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 am

Off Topic: Wow, that's a large ass post.

On Topic: I'm 15 atm, I don't drive a car, BUT my father has a Ford Fiesta 1.4 which I really like. It's such a cool car man, I hope I get to drive it one day.

Arion
Donator
Donator

Post by Arion » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 am

Anti-tankSpy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 am

On Topic: I'm 15 atm, I don't drive a car, BUT my father has a Ford Fiesta 1.4 which I really like. It's such a cool car man, I hope I get to drive it one day.
Yeah, it's a really long post...I have to be a bit detail about it just in case they don't know about the car that I drive. In my country, our automotive industry really starts off from re-badging cars, and that practice is still on to my country's auto companies till now.

BTW, which generation did your Fiesta is? There are six gens of it. It's a good-looking car...actually I've been wanted to buy cars like that as it looks cool in terms of the design. But with my budget severely limited, I have no choice but to let it go for a moment, and buy a second-hand car.
Rio Noel [Rionoeru]
Ordinary guy, musician, producer, entertainer, photographer | Computer, video games (console/PC), technology, anime, cosplay, various music genres Otaku (geek) and enthusiast | Gamer | Japanese Culture Lover |
____
Main: Main computer broken (UPDATE: Under Construction - no coming back ETA yet)
___

Anti-tankSpy
Donator
Donator

Post by Anti-tankSpy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Arion wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 am
Anti-tankSpy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 am

Yeah, it's a really long post...I have to be a bit detail about it just in case they don't know about the car that I drive. In my country, our automotive industry really starts off from re-badging cars, and that practice is still on to my country's auto companies till now.

BTW, which generation did your Fiesta is? There are six gens of it. It's a good-looking car...actually I've been wanted to buy cars like that as it looks cool in terms of the design. But with my budget severely limited, I have no choice but to let it go for a moment, and buy a second-hand car.
Which generation? I searched wikipedia, seems like it's Fourth Generation (1995-2003). My father bought it in 2005.
I am sure if you look hard enough you can find a second hand Ford 1.4. Just wait for the moment to come, someone might be willing to sell it.

MrADz
Donator
Donator

Post by MrADz » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Have you noticed any leaks?

Check the oil level, could just be the oil working it's way into the system, sometimes after it's run when filled the oil level will then drop as it spreads throughout.

drownrabbit
Donator
Donator

Post by drownrabbit » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:43 pm

ask about them

Anti-tankSpy
Donator
Donator

Post by Anti-tankSpy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:11 pm

drownrabbit wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:43 pm
ask about them
I'm more interested in the Ford Sierra.

EDIT: Also about the Muudud folder too :)

The müüdud folder is some private shit mate.

Usual DOCH 2.0 engine, common for Ford.
Rear wheel drive. Got it in exchange for a Volkswagen Vento. Sold it for €170 because of a quick loan I had to pay back :(.

Arion
Donator
Donator

Post by Arion » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:55 pm

drownrabbit wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:43 pm
ask about them
This is useful, I'm actually doing the same for the cars that I've owned (as well as selected cars that I like)...save links inside, you know, for future references, since I have a few friends who is pretty much know where to buy this stuff, where to buy that stuff...
MrADz wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:52 pm
Have you noticed any leaks?

Check the oil level, could just be the oil working it's way into the system, sometimes after it's run when filled the oil level will then drop as it spreads throughout.
I have checked for leaks (as well as the oil level) soon as I got home (before I told my dad about that white smoke situation), and no signs of leaks at all.

However, I've been informed by the mechanic (that does my Saga's engine overhaul), that there's a part of my smoke pipe has break up (creating a hole), in which I haven't been told by the previous owner (and even haven't noticed it while checking for any leaks). Good thing he managed to fix it up...but extra charges incoming.

After the overhaul procedure, the white smokes that emitted from my exhaust has gone. Now it's in my brother cousin's hand for further works on the engine (not modify, but settling other problems) before returning it back to my hands..
Anti-tankSpy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:09 pm
Which generation? I searched wikipedia, seems like it's Fourth Generation (1995-2003). My father bought it in 2005.
I am sure if you look hard enough you can find a second hand Ford 1.4. Just wait for the moment to come, someone might be willing to sell it.
Unfortunately, Ford Fiesta is available in my country on its 6th Gen timeline, so, I think there's no luck in finding the 4th gen in my country :(
Rio Noel [Rionoeru]
____
___